“Years ago, my mother used to say to me, she’d say “In this world, Elwood, you can be oh so so smart, or oh so pleasant.” Well, for years I was smart… I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.” ~Elwood P Dowd (Harvey)
Here are The Versatile Blogger Award Rules (I think)
- Thank the person(s) who gave you this award
- Include a link to their blog.
Thank you for The Versatile Blogger Award to:
SueBe @ One Writer’s Journey
Carley @ Grace Partakers
Jeffery @ Memories of Caleb
MT @ Resting in His Grace
Drusilla @ On Faith and Writing
Jen @ Step on a Crack
Melis @ iamnotshe
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site
Add these 8 to the those on my side bar! 😀 Thanks, guys!
- Finally, share 7 things about yourself.
1. I have a neurological condition called color-graphic synsthesia. Until a few years ago, I thought everyone had it. It means I see letters and numbers in inherent colors. For example, 6, 9 , A & G are always green; 2 & S are always yellow etc…
2. I’m spot on at parallel parking. First time every time. I park better than I drive. 🙂
3. I’m majorly dyslexic, which I didn’t know until 3 years ago when I was a manager at a resort and I couldn’t enter credit card numbers. I currently work as a gate guard on an oil rig and I can’t even get the simple letters and numbers of the license plate in order (but I do know what color they are)! 😉
4. If I were going to spend an evening alone anywhere in the world, it would be by a campfire on a beach on the southern Oregon coast. I’d have a thermos of coffee and a great book and watch the sun drop into the ocean.
5. For years and years, my password for every account on-line or at the bank was Please (because it just seemed like the polite thing to type).
6. My head works like a jukebox that can’t be unplugged. There’s always a song playing but someone else drops in the quarters. I hear a word or phrase and the record switches to a new song (any genre from classical to country to TV jingles) which keeps playing until another quarter falls. Sometimes the needle gets stuck in the groove.
7. My all time favorite movie is Harvey, starring Jimmy Stewart, and of course, Harvey as himself.